Seamless Cross-Border Canada Shipping
Estes goes the extra mile to provide seamless cross-border Canada service you can count on. We ship to and from just about any destination in the country and offer regularly scheduled transit lanes to locations throughout Atlantic Canada.
Choose Estes to handle your Canadian freight and you’ll need just one PRO and one point of contact from pickup through delivery! We ship your freight securely—often in trailers with captive beams and our best-in-class Webb walls—for exceptional peace of mind. And single-carrier accountability means less handling of your freight and a reduced risk of damage.
Next-day LTL shipping to Canada
Estes’ cross-border gateways are placed near major Canadian metro areas and make it possible for Estes to offer next-day Canada shipping from several states. We offer reliable next-day service into the Greater Toronto Area from key upper Midwest cities, and into Montreal from locations in the Northeastern U.S.!
Trust your Canada freight to Estes and enjoy:
- Complete freight visibility from pickup to delivery, with tracking through My Estes, and a single PRO all the way
- Reliable service to and from some of the most remote areas of Canada, as well as next-day service into Ontario
- A full range of cross-border shipping solutions, including Time Critical Guaranteed and Volume LTL and Truckload options
- Three strategically located PARS/PAPS offices that help facilitate prompt customs clearances
And our nationwide team of border experts work round-the-clock to help you navigate language barriers and cross-border documentation. Contact our team today for help with EEI filings, U.S. Customers In-Bond Entries, and more.
Estes Canada gateway terminals are Canadian bonded, and we are a U.S. Customs-bonded carrier. Our line-haul and delivery agents are C-TPAT, PIP, FAST, ACE and ACI certified, and pre-approved for Customs Self-Assessment (CSA).
To get Canada shipments moving, you can:
- Get a rate quote
- Book a shipment on My Estes (requires login)
- Contact us for assistance:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) and press 43
We’re available on both sides of the border to help get you started, and we have experienced, dedicated border personnel to facilitate border clearance.
- A border-crossing fee is added at the time of the rate request.
- Beyond Charges apply to some more remote destinations, primarily in Northwest Canada. For points that require special arrangements, call 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) and press 43
Cross-border Canada freight requires:
|Bill of Lading||Bill of Lading|
|Canada Customs Invoice (CCI) (required for CAD $2,500 or more)||Commercial Invoice (if less than CAD $2,500)|
|Commercial Invoice (if less than CAD $2,500)||Certificate of Origin (CTO) or USMCA CTO|
|Certificate of Origin (CTO) or USMCA CTO|
Email is the fastest way to get your Canada shipping documentation to us. Send it to us no later than the day of pickup, and no later than 2 p.m. for next-day freight delivery.
- Northbound: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southbound: email@example.com
See submission guidelines for PARS and PAPS to help ensure that your shipments are processed smoothly.
We’ll route the documents before shipments arrive at the border to facilitate timely passage through customs:
- Limit one PRO per email
- Subject line: PRO number only, no spaces, dashes, or words
- One attachment only: All documents must be in a single attachment (PDF or TIF)
- On the BOL, include PRO and barcodes: The online BOL application in My Estes will automatically generate a barcode when you check the “Assign PRO Number” box or enter a pre-assigned PRO. You can also ask your account manager for PRO/barcode stickers. Barcodes help ensure freight is processed immediately.
Our Time Critical Guarantee is the best in the LTL industry and includes guaranteed on-time appointments, on-time pickups, on-time delivery, and damage-free shipments to and from most destinations throughout Canada, including:
- Alberta - Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie
- British Columbia - Fort Saint John, Kamloops, Prince George, Vancouver, Victoria
- Manitoba - Winnipeg
- New Brunswick - Bathurst, Edmundston, Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Corner Brook, Grand Falls, St. John's
- Northwest Territories - Yellowknife
- Nova Scotia - Bridgewater, Dartmouth (Halifax), Kentville, Sydney, Truro, Yarmouth
- Ontario - Brockville (Ottawa), London, Pickering, Toronto (Hamilton), Windsor
- Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown
- Quebec - Montreal, Quebec City
- Saskatchewan - Regina, Saskatoon
- Yukon - Whitehorse
Protect From Freezing (PFF)
When temperature matters, our PFF service can protect your freight shipment from the Canadian cold between mid-October and mid-April. Estes has more than 500 dedicated 53' and/or 28' heated captive beam Webb wall trailers in service between Canada and the U.S. To request PFF, select this option when filling out your online BOL in My Estes or write, “Protect From Freezing,” on your BOL.
Visit our Services page to explore the additional modes of shipping Estes offers, as well as our Accessorials sheet to see a list of our optional non-standard, add-on services.
Rates for full, flat-rack, and flatbed loads can be obtained through:
- Our Rate Quote application (select Volume and Truckload option; requires My Estes login)
- Calling 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) and pressing 432
The importer (either the consignee or a non-resident importer) usually chooses the broker. If you require assistance finding brokerage, please contact your Estes Account Manager.
Track Canada shipments on our Shipment Tracker (no login required) or by calling 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) and press 43 (for Time-Critical, press 2).